Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yellow is the new accent color


The table is actually Jon's first project at our house. Jon's parents gave us this table, for which we were so grateful. I got the bright idea of painting it off white out of magazine I was reading. Jon started working on it right around the 8th week of pregnancy, when I was feeling horrible so I didn't actually help much. I felt really bad about it, but I was barely eating at that point. He did such a great job on it, I love the color. It was not an easy task. Hopefully the next paint job he does we will be able to invest in a sprayer, because it was just a real pain with brushes.

Just this weekend, I got this beautiful vase and flowers. Tai Pan is the best!! With the inspiration of the vase, yellow is the accent color in our living and dining room. It seems to make things look more lively and it makes me very happy. I'm hoping to add a yellow pillow to the couch too.


On Saturday, we woke up to 3+ inches of snow. Apparently we are going to have winter all year long. Awesome, huh? Aspen on the other hand was very happy about the snow! She loves to eat it, play in it and lose her ball in it.

This tree just made me think of the song "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree". Seriously thought, doesn't it look like popcorn. Supposedly it's supposed to get warmer this week, I'll believe it when I feel it.

Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Those candle holders on either side of the tv are so classic...kinda like you!! I love them!! I want to come to your house :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow! How happy and smiley in all that snow. And I am SO jealous about the whole Tai Pan thing... I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow makes me smile too! I love the "new" table! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table looks great, and the yellow, you know that is one of my favorite colors. Great job. Our popcorn is the dogwood trees in bloom about a month ago!?

    ReplyDelete