Sunday, May 22, 2011

One Year Anniversary

By pure miracle, we got to stay at the Johnson Mill Bed & Breakfast in Heber for our FIRST Anniversary. We actually stayed there the second night of being married, so it was very fun to go back. The first time we went, didn't get there until late, so were unable to enjoy the tranquility of the property. This time we got there in the early evening and enjoyed a picnic by the pond, a nap in the sunshine and a few strolls around the property. Jon's good eyes spotted a few deer both that evening and the next morning, he's so good at that. Our short stay was SO relaxing and so needed. It was so nice to have time for just us, it was heavenly honestly! No phone calls, no taking out puppy, no fixing meals, no obligations.... just time to be together. It was wonderful!


He is so handsome!Just enjoying the scenery.
New tradition, take a picture every year with the number of fingers up of how long we've been married (inspired by a friend in our ward). We wanted to take it with Aspen (even though I looked much cuter the day before), so when Jon was home for dinner (he had to work) we set it up, but then Aspen would have nothing to do with it. I think she thinks that when both of us are trying to get her to come something bad is going to happen like trimming her nails or giving her a bath, both of which she hates.

What an awesome first year we've had. I love Jon with all my heart and am so very grateful for him. I love being married to him. I didn't know a year ago I could love him as much as I do now. To one year and eternity to go!!

I love you Honey.

1 comment: