Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jon's #3 Best Friend

A couple months ago, Jon and I were talking about our future and what we wanted for each other. I told him I hoped he always had a truck because I know how he loves his truck. After that he said, I've actually been thinking about that... and I think we should sell the truck. Those were words I never expected to hear. I actually thought it was a really good idea due to our family situation and the upcoming baby. I mean, can you imagine getting a car seat into the Beast, I would need a step stool. Either way, we talked about it and a month later it was up on KSL.

The Beast is or was Jon's #3 Best Friend. I, of course, am #1, Aspen is #2 Best Friend and the Beast was #3. I got a text while I was at work on Wednesday from Jon that said, "I think I might cry. The Beast has been a true friend, always there when he was needed. He'll be missed." My eyes got misty when I got that text, I couldn't believe the truck was no longer going to ours. I told him to take a picture before the sale was final, but Jon said he wanted to remember the good times. So sad!!

The Beast holds so many memories in my heart.
Dearest Beast, you shall be greatly missed.

Jon's grievance only lasted a bit, as he has GREATLY enjoyed working on his wood. This week he almost completed the workbench and it is really awesome. More pictures to come of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment