Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Manly Man Store

On Tuesday of this last week, we went to Home Depot to get supplies for Jon's work bench and to look at an indoor plant for the living room. Jon is creating a workshop to make furniture. He couldn't be more excited! It's a fulfillment of a dream for him which is very exciting. Thanks to our tax returns he is getting a shop. While at Home Depot, I sent a text to the girls in my family about what we were doing and Hilary said that Austin calls it the "Manly Man Store" and that she didn't think mommies should have to endure the store (I couldn't agree more!). I have to admit I suggested going so it was my own dang fault:). We spent 2 hours (or what seemed like 5!) getting supplies and I was hungry and grouchy (surprise) by the end that I didn't even want to look at house plants.

Jon has spent the rest of his days off working on the set up of tools. He just needs to build the work bench. Selfishly, I hope it happens quickly because I'm excited for him to start the crib for our baby!

The story of the pictures: Jon came to me and said... I have pictures for you to blog about. So cute huh! I guess he really does like our blog. So this post is solely dedicated to the testosterone in our house!! After you look at these pictures it's going to make you want to beat your chest and grow facial hair (don't tell me I didn't warn you). Also, because it is so manly, no smiling was allowed when the pictures were taken.


Just call him Tim the Tool Man
The assembly
Too many instructions to read, I would have stopped before beginning. Good things he is patient!

Isn't it a beauty!

Good Job Honey!! Can't wait to see all of your projects, I love you!!

Note: Jon made up for Home Depot trip by taking me on a date on Friday night, which was so great! Clean shaven, good smellin and mighty handsome looking. I was very happy. It made the Home Depot trip totally worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post and he is so stinking adorable (in a manly kind of way...of course). The white table is insane Holly, way to go I love it so much. It makes me want to come over for breakfast!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way @ Home Depot. I have spent way too much time in there but it brings some greaet results in the end when the project is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I don't have to worry about that manly store, Dad sends me most of the time. The bench looks great!

    ReplyDelete