Sunday, April 10, 2011

The reason for not posting for the last 2 months...

Here's a little something to know about Holly (you might already know this) I have the hardest time keeping a secret about something really exciting. Know that I can be very confidential but when it comes to Christmas surprises or Birthday surprises I literally have to tape my mouth shut in order to not say anything. This is why I have not posted for 2 months...
Because the most exciting thing in our life right now we were keeping quiet,
but now I'm past the three month mark and everyone can know...
Jon and I are EXPECTING!!!
We found out on February 15, the day we went out for Valentine's Day.
Here's the short hand story:

I came home from work and Jon was upstairs getting ready for our Valentine's date. I took a pregnancy test downstairs and it was positive. I totally wanted to scream!! I set up the table so that the instructions for the pregnancy test and the test were visible. I circled what it looked like if it was positive on the instructions so Jon would have no questions. I told him I had a surprise for him and I made him close his eyes until he got to the table. He opened his eyes and this is what he saw...


This is Jon trying to figure it out. Haha, his first response was, "Is this real?" When I told him it was he picked me up and kissed me and yelled that we were going to be parents!!
He was very excited.


I had a few indicators prior to this positive pregnancy test that I really was pregnant,
it was nice to know I wasn't feeling crazy without a reason.

The happy "Parents to Be"

To give you a little update on the pregnancy since then...
Week 6 to week 11(ish) were pretty rocky. I was really nauseous and sick feeling. Because I've never been pregnant it just seemed like I had the flu and not that a little baby was growing inside of me. I didn't cook much for those 6 weeks or eat meat really or enjoy any smells in our house. I did eat a lot of pasta and cheese, lie on the couch after work each night and bring crackers wherever I went. During week 8 we had an early ultra sound where got to see our little alien and here the heartbeat. Hearing the heartbeat made me cry, it became more real to me then which was so tender and exciting.

This week I started to feel MUCH better!! I've been making dinner, feeling less nauseous everyday and with greater energy.

Know that I'll be blogging again now that the big news is out.
I hope all of you are well!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Holly, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!! I hope all continues to go well from this point forward, and I am glad you are feeling better!! Please let me know if I can babysit down the road; I love doing that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love your wedding photo up top! If I ever get married, I think I shall use the photographer you did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute way to tell Jon! And I love that the pregnancy test box is pink to match all the other Valentine's day stuff! Congrats again!!! So glad I got to see you on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I've been anxiously hoping for this news for several months now! :)
    I'm SO happy for you and Jon! Can't wait to see you and hopefully a little baby bump next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations--this is such a special time. I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You guys are going to b great parents. Tell Juan he's going to be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! congratulations!! i can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will make a wonderful mom!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!! Being parents is the best thing that ever happened to Ryan and I, other than each other, that is :)
    Read Baby Wise, Baby Whisperer, and The Happiest Baby on the Block. These books have really helped and I think has helped Tyler sleep through the night at 12 weeks, and be a calm and happy little guy.

    Congrats! Can't wait to hear updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you both!! That is great great news.... we are both so happy for you.

    I love the way you told Jon too.... and I am so glad your Mum got to share your Drs appointment with you.

    You will make a wonderful mother! So excited for you.

    Big hugs and lots of love,

    Jennie x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Austin Dad and I just sat and looked at your blog. I am so glad you are doing it again. Austin had fun pointing out Aunt Holly and Uncle Jon in all the pictures. Thanks for all sweet thoughts. I loved every minute I could be ther, and continue to wish you lived closer--but know you are both sooo happy there, and that makes it a lot easier. Love you and Jon and Aspen and that little one that is growing, Mom

    ReplyDelete