Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Birthday Party

The Birthday Boys in all their brotherly glory!!
Thanks to Kristen, we had very fun decor.
The preparation: I was pregnant at this point and the boys requested Salmon.
Let me just tell you it was a true act of love to cook that
NASTY smelling fish at our house.
Can any other pregos understand my PAIN??
Other than Salmon, we had broccoli and wild rice.
It was a delicious meal for most everyone.
Partyin' it up!
The soon to be Mr. & Mrs. They will be sealed for time and all eternity on July 2,
can't wait to have this cute girl as my sister-in-law!!
The cake: Jon requested a fun fetti cake, which I made from a box
(don't tell my mom!).
There is a reason for this much excitement..... I bought candles that had different color flames. You may not be able to tell in the pictures, but it was really cool and they were quite fascinating to me. Somebody has got to get crazy around here:)
What do you think they wished for??
Mom and Dad Orgill sent the boys gifts that they got to open together.
Wish you could have been here, we missed you!
Do you see that face? It's Jon feeling awkward!! That's why I posted it:)
Isn't Aspen getting big?? Early in the night, she popped one of the balloons and i
t scared the bageebers out of her (yes, that is a word). For some reason,
she blamed Jon for it and she avoided him for most of the night.
Poor Jon huh, I felt bad.
Finally, by the end of the night she was okay again.


This 31st year will bring lots of changes to theses boys.... a bride, a baby and lots more blessings. We'll keep you updated on all the great happenings.

3 comments:

  1. Holly you are funny. It sounds like you were a little giddy when you wrote this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find candles with different colored flames?! and your word choice...always great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it! Funfetti Cake?!?!? When will they ever grow up?
    You are such a fun party planner. Thanks for taking care of Jon and his brother on their birthday. Cooking salmon while feeling nauseous was way over the top! I hope they appreciated every single bite ;o)

    ReplyDelete