Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend








Saturday, Jon and I got festive and died eggs, gotta love hard boiled eggs and die. Good thing eggs are pretty resilient... I turned the water on to boil and then went upstairs to go check something on the computer, I got distracted (that never happens) and TOTALLY forgot about the eggs. Oops. I have no idea how long the boiled for but they turned out just fine (thank goodness). I also mixed, chilled, rolled, cut out, baked and iced sugar cookies. It was quite the process but they turned out so darn cute. Of course Jon's question was, "Are you keeping any of those." Ha ha, he just loves when I give away sweet treats. I told him I would save him a few and maybe some ended up in this Easter Basket. I made them for the Young Women in my ward and they loved them.

Here's a cute Easter story. I talked to my 8 year old nephew on Saturday who was getting ready to go to Grammy & Grand Daddy's house for Easter (he lives in NC and my parents live in FL). He says, "Mom told me that she let the Easter Bunny know where we will be for Easter. She said she either called him or wrote him a letter. (Pause) But I'm not sure if she's lieing." Oh the faith of a child, so cute!! My response, "I don't think the Easter Bunny takes phone calls but I'm sure she sent him a letter." He seemed to be satisfied with my answer. Then I heard that this morning, he woke up at 5:30AM to find his basket!! I love the excitement of children.


Church was great today, I felt very filled and more dedicated to learn more about the Savior. I am so grateful for His Sacrifice and for the promises of His gospel. Jon had to work today and that was hard, I can't wait until he has Sundays off. I went over to a friend's house who I work with in Young Women's for dinner. She and her family made me feel very welcome, it was a fun gathering with good food and fun Easter festivities. Sure am grateful for good friends!! Then I raced home and whipped up and awesome Easter Dinner for Jon. I talked to family and now ready to hit the sack.

I hope you had a wonderful and filling Easter weekend too!

I hope you all had a great Easter Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment