Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Real Mother's Day



The Events of the Day:
First, I have a good hubby, he is very sweet to me. Yesterday, we went to Home Depot and he got me flowers for our front porch. I love flowers, they make our porch feel more homey. And Chase loves being outside, so I will see them often. 

Chase has started to say mama recently, but it wasn't until today that he said it a lot. He said it when we were headed into church and then again when it was really quiet in church. Personally, I was so happy he said it. And I'm sure the other moms thought it was the cutest little interruption. Then while Jon was teaching our Sunday school clase, I walked Chase outside  and he fell asleep in my arms. I love it when he falls asleep on me, it's so precious. The nap was just long enough for him to wake up before the third hour (perfect timing Chase) and I handed him off to Jon and I enjoyed the third our without a baby (first time ever). The lesson was great and I scored a huge Symphony Bar on my way out for being a mommy. Awesome.

After church today, Jon made me pancakes and scrambled eggs for lunch (my favorite) and gave me the book The Hunger Games and a card from he and Chase. Sweet, huh? Yeah, he loves me:). Then while Chase was napping I painted my fingernails, which I haven't done in maybe over a year. It was delightful. I have snacked on rice crispy treats all day and maybe I made them yesterday and they are almost all gone. Don't judge me. When Chase got up from his nap, I took him on a walk around the Provo Temple. It was the best day ever.

My Thoughts and Feelings:
Motherhood is something you can never understand until you experience it for yourself. I've only been a mom for about 7 months so I certainly haven't experienced it all, but my life will never be the same. From the moment I held Chase for the first time, my life was forever changed. I loved him so much from that very first moment. He was and still is so precious and pure. He is a piece of heaven and I felt so close to God in that moment. Without even being able to talk, he makes me want to be better, more holy, more clean, more dedicated and more God like. I think the reason we (women) are given the opportunity to be mothers is so that we can understand just how much God really does love all of his children. It's hard to believe God has given mothers this errand to raise his children and prepare them to return back to his presence. The task is lofty and yet very intimate. We don't receive daily emails acknowledging the completion of the tasks at hand or outlines of what we should be doing next. Somehow the answers just come, whether it's through learning from others or our own spirit guiding us, we are lead to know or figure out what is best. It's really neat how you just seem to know sometimes. I think that's when I feel closest to God, when answers just come.

I feel so grateful. Grateful to Heavenly Father who has given me this errand, grateful that Chase is our baby, grateful that I'm able to stay home with him, grateful that I have a husband that supports me and loves the journey, grateful for the inspiration I receive to know what to do, grateful that I love it and grateful that I'm part of Heavenly Father's plan.

1 comment:

  1. Holly, I love this post! You are such a wonderful little mom, and I really enjoy watching. Love you and glad you had such a wonderful first mother's day, love you.

    ReplyDelete