Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Labor of Love

This past week, Jon has worked continuously on the crib. He has spent hours upon hours sanding, shellacking, staining, polyurethaning (yes, that's a word) and more sanding. I came home from work one day and he was covered in dust, this is the picture of that. This man is so dedicated and is such a work horse, I don't know how he stays focused for so long. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that our due date is in three weeks from today!!

He hung the four sides from the ceiling so that he could stain it.
The other labor of love....me. Here I am 36 1/2 weeks pregnant. It's getting increasingly more uncomfortable to perform my daily tasks, like getting out of bed, leaning over, getting in and out of the car, climbing stairs and other such things that use to be easy. I'm still not quite ready for him to come so I can handle it for a bit longer. It has been so fun thinking about and planning for our little man's arrival. It's still hard to believe we are going to be parents. I've had so many thoughts and emotions recently. We are so excited to meet him!
9.28.11

No comments:

Post a Comment