Monday, October 10, 2011

So many great things are happening...

The Crib:
Jon has been working tirelessly on Chase's crib. It has been a huge part of his life for the past 3 months and it is amazing to see how talented and dedicated he is. I knew that he was close to finishing but the completion was a complete surprise to me. One morning last week, I got up and got ready to go see my friend Alisa. Just as I was about to leave, Jon was getting up and I went upstairs to say goodbye. I noticed that there was a piece of paper on Chase's door....
When I opened the door I saw this...

and then I began screaming!!!
The crib was complete and SO BEAUTIFUL!!
I was so excited I couldn't stop screaming and telling Jon how much I loved him:).
It's absolutely beautiful and crafted with such love. There is no doubt in mind that Jon already loves this little baby.

We're still in the process of making the nursery cute enough for this beautiful piece of furniture, but it's coming around. We have a little more time before he comes (I hope). And if not, we have the essentials and the rest will come in time.

So now you should text Jon and tell him he's the man... because he is:)
After all the excitement I drove to Gardner Village to meet my dear friend Alisa who was in town. This is me at 37 1/2 weeks and Alisa at 19 weeks.
We had so much fun talking about being a mom, I loved gleaning from her experiences.
Move back to Utah, please?!?
And this is me on 10.9.11 (Hilary's Birthday)
Week 38.

I have to say, I really have enjoyed being pregnant for the most part. I didn't like the first 3 months and now the Sciatica in my legs is pretty uncomfy at times, but for the most part I have loved carrying our little baby. It has been such a special time for Jon and I as we talk and plan and do projects for our little man. We have put a lot of thought and effort into how we want our labor and delivery to happen and how we want to welcome him to our family. We've chosen to use the Hypnobirthing techniques for a natural birth. It has allowed us to make decisions about labor and delivery instead of allowing others to decide for us. If you want to know more, just ask, I'm a huge advocate of it now. I will post more about it after delivery.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! that crib is gorgeous! did you know i read your blog? i don't remember if i have ever commented on here before. i am so happy for you-- you seem really satisfied in your life right now. so excited to see your little guy when he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous crib!! And happy to hear you're doing hypnobirthing too--we had such a great experience with it. You can totally do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly the crib is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I must admit that I have some crib jealousy. ;) Jon did a fantastic job! And it will be even cuter once Chase is in it! :)
    You're looking great!! Can't wait to hear about your birth experience! You'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome- A family heirloom your family will always use and cherish. You are so lucky! Congrats on being a stay at home Mom! I'm so excited for you and wish I could come out and help with all the last minute preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crib and beautiful Mommy-to-be!
    Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete