Monday, October 10, 2011

A tender farewell

I began working at Maple Lake almost four years ago and what a journey it has been. From the beginning, I felt so blessed to have a job that was in the field that not only I studied in school but have felt so passionate about. I have loved learning about learning differences and how to interact with people. I would like to say I'm a different person because of my time at Maple Lake, it has been a refining process. I have loved being involved with the process of change of the girls that I worked with, it has been a matter of the heart. I will miss being part of the girls' lives and seeing their progress.

Maple Lake is such a special place and was created by people that truly want to help kids with learning differences succeed in life. I have been greatly inspired by those that I have worked with and have made lifelong friendships with them. I will greatly miss seeing them on a daily basis.

My last day was Sept. 30 and it was a tender day. They took me to lunch at Carabas and then one of the therapists and the girls did a surprise farewell for me. It was a very sweet ending to an awesome experience. I will be doing some work from home working with prospective parents and doing some staff trainings after the baby comes. It will be nice to still be involved but not have so much responsibility.

Heather, Wendy, Me, Beth, Patti, Megan
Lovely, lovely ladies.
The girls made the collage of hands and the blanket for baby. So sweet, huh? I wish I could post a picture of them but I can't and the feeling behind it is more important than the faces anyway.

1 comment:

  1. :( i miss you i wish i was there for your last day1 i m hoping to stay in contact with you you taught more then just having a back to back conversation you were my support and my steady person who i could talk well in my case write to. we have been through a lot and no matter what happeneds u will always be in my heart! love, 2 socks

    ReplyDelete