Sunday, August 14, 2011

Making of the Crib

The order of these pictures start at the bottom. Sometime around the beginning of July, Jon went and bought the wood for the crib, prior to that he spent hours creating plans for the crib. We chose Walnut and it's a real beauty. He managed to fit the wood into my little Civic, pretty amazing and then the planning out of the wood began. Looking from the outside, it was like putting together a puzzle, trying to see what pieces he needed to cut out and where. First of all, from the last picture to the first, many, many hours have gone into making this. Jon is so precise and meticulous, all those measurements would have driven me batty! I had no idea how talented my hubby is in making furniture, it is so cool to watch. He actually has everything cut out at this point and is figuring out how to bend the wood for the headboard. I hope I've done this process justice, if not just ask Jon because he's the Master behind it.




3 comments:

  1. What a lucky baby! The crib looks so beautiful and it isn't even finished yet. Jon and Holly you are both so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously impressive! How sweet of Jon to already love his baby boy so much that he's putting all that time into a crib! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete