Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Chase!!

It was such a nostalgic week getting ready for Chase to turn one. I went back through all of our pictures over the last year and Jon and I did the same with the videos. What a blessing Chase is to our family. We were happy before we had Chase, I mean really happy, but bringing a child into the world brought about a happiness I had yet to experience. Don't get me wrong, it's no easy path at all, it's just so rewarding in so many different ways. I feel like I have begun to understand how much Heavenly Father loves us, because I now understand the love of a parent.  I thank him every night for the blessing of Chase in our lives. 

Chase is a very happy little boy. And I want to write about a few things he likes to do... He likes to be sung to. Currently his favorite songs are Old McDonald (he says the E I E I O part), The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Row Row Row Your Boat. He loves to play peekaboo and will scream joyfully over and over again as you play. He loves to go down slides and play with balls. He loves hearing doors open and jets to whichever door opens. He loves playing with the toilet paper rolls and pulling it off. He loves climbing up and down the stairs and being outside. He loves the remote control and looks at the tv as if he is controlling it. He loves to eat cheese sticks, cheerios, avocado, bananas, grapes (quartered of course) bread, pasta, mexican food and chilli. He LOVES the washing machine and cruising on his walker.

He has 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom. He weighs 21 lbs and is 31 inches of PURE JOY.

On his Birthday, he woke up to a red balloon and a book brought by the Birthday Fairy. He loved his balloon and would have been happy to play with that all day.  We went to the park as a family and had Mexican lasagna for dinner (he loved it). Then we had over a few close friends and family for a Cowboy Birthday party. Chase really enjoyed playing with his new toys, especially the singing card and the Lightening McQueen push car. He also really liked eating 3/4 of his cupcake. By the time we were ready to sing Happy Birthday and him to blow out his candle he was super tired and a little fussy. Once he tasted the cupcake and icing he was much happier. It was such a fun day for me to see Chase so happy. 























The next day was like the day after Christmas playing with all his new toys.
Thank you so much to all that gave him such nice gifts, he has enjoyed all of the them!

1 comment: