Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting over his first cold



Chase survived his first cold this past weekend. On Friday, he started to get really stuffy and by Saturday night he had a 100.6 fever. I was on the phone with the pediatric nurse and I did everything they told me to. It was nerve wracking for him to get a fever and to be so congested. He was super fussy and just not himself. It made me so sad to see him so uncomfortable. I took him to the doctor on Monday and although he had all the signs of an ear infection, he was free from infection. The doctor told me what to do if things got worse and gave me some drops for his nose, which he hated, poor thing. Finally today he was back to his smiling cooing self with just a little stuffiness in his nose. It was a long five days and I'm excited to get out of the house tomorrow.

Notice in the first two pictures he is holding on to a little giraffe? The giraffe's name is Jeremy and I think he is Chase's favorite toy. Jeremy squeaks and is easy to hold on to and suck on, which Chase loves. Just the fact that he is opening his little fingers to then grasp on to something is a big deal. Babies have so much to learn and it is so fun observing all of Chase's new tricks, this being one of them. I am in awe of this little boy. Tonight he really laughed and it was so cute! We love him so much, it's hard to even describe.

2 comments:

  1. awe he is SO CUTE I am glad he is better I MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!! I can't wait to see him again!!

    ReplyDelete