Sunday, June 19, 2011

Introducing Baby O to the Rodeo & Other Fun Things

Since Baby O is going to have a Cowboy themed nursery, we thought going to the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days Rodeo would be a great introduction to the Wild West. Oh how I LOVE Rodeos!! I feel like it brings me back to my roots and my childhood love of horses. I hope one day we can have some horses of our own.

We met Nate and Kristen there, who are less than 2 weeks of getting married! The weather was crazy that night, a minor wind storm hit on the drive up and then it got pretty cold, awesome weather for mid June. What happened to the season of summer? I had on a long sleeve shift, wool sweater, jacket and I was still a little chilly. Don't you love Jon and Nate's 'get ups'. I love my cowboy! We enjoyed all of the events and the famous strawberries and cream that they sell, such sweet goodness in a cup. Unfortunately, I chose to go the bathroom before Barrel Racing, my favorite event, and missed most of it. I frequently have to go to the bathroom these days, pretty sure baby thinks it's funny to use my bladder as a trampoline. Not so funny baby.






Then on Friday night, Lindsey and Stew brought little Hattie over for a BBQ. It was Aspen's first meeting with a real baby. She was very interested in this little creature that made funny noises. She got very excited and wanted to be where ever Hattie was. How I let Linds leave without getting a picture, I know not. She is such a cute mommy. We loved hearing their stories about Hattie's first 6 weeks of life and the warnings about how our life will change:).
Hattie even gave me a smile before she left, it made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment